Cantine d’Alfonso del Sordo

The D’Alfonso del Sordo family has been in the wine business since 1800, when they started winegrowing in northern Apulia (Italy). Nowadays they are one of most dynamic and visionary Apulian producers of fine wines, with estates concentrated in a suitable viticultural area, and have played an important role in preserving traditional oenological know-how. The farm extends over 120 hectares in San Severo (north Apulia) countryside and it is formed by 3 estates, of which 90 hectares of vineyards. The company produces and bottles wines, only from its own vineyards. While a 30% of their annual production remains in Italy, 70% is exported to European countries as well as to other non-EU countries including the USA and Japan.

San Severo PDO (DOC) produces red, rosé and white wines, and occasionally sparkling spumante.

Red wines are made of Montepulciano and Sangiovese grapes and have a red fruit and spicy aroma

Rosé wines are made of Montepulciano and Sangiovese with a pomegranate and violet aroma

White wines are produced from White Bombino, Trebbiano and Verdeca grapes and have an exotic fruit aroma.